- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 box beef stock
- 3 TBS “Better than Beef Bullion base”
- 2 14oz cans of chopped tomatoes not drained
- 1 can green beans (I used French cut.)
- ½ package frozen corn
- ¼ package frozen lima beans
- 1 can black-eyed peas or other beans
- 1 can chick peas
- 4 carrots cut in ½ inch pieces
- 4 stalks of celery cut in half, put in whole and taken out later.
Brown ground beef and onion until caramelized. Break down the beef as it cooks. I like a little brown on the beef. Let it brown until there are little pieces of beef stuck to the pan. You can smell ground steak cooking and then you know it is done.
Add boxed beef stock and stir to deglaze the pan and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. If you want to add seasoning now is a good time. Add Bouillon and all the vegetables. Do not drain the vegetables. Add fresh carrots I like these slightly larger so they have a little texture and they do not mush down. Cook for about 45 minutes on simmer or until carrots and celery is soft.